1. Life on Earth will become unsustainable unless population growth is held in check.
2. Is an economic boom an unsustainable trend?
3. Hence sustainable agriculture could replace unsustainable agriculture, reducing the impact of erosion and flooding on downstream agricultural areas.
4. The economy was growing at an unsustainable pace, and the trade deficit was exploding.
5. The transition from unsustainable to sustainable resource use involves a change from exploitation to careful management.
6. Past policies favouring over-valued currencies have proved unsustainable.
7. Our nation's debt is unsustainable, and the federal government's reach into the private sector is unprecedented.
8. "We are facing an unsustainable situation, " says Diwan Singh, a Delhi environmental activist. "Soon—not in thirty years but in five to ten—there will be an exodus because of the lack of water. "
9. I think the independent investment bank model unsustainable, because it is the lack of stable sources of deposits, but also the lack of commercial banks as a strict risk control.
10. That kind of blistering pace is unsustainable, says James Swanson, chief investment strategist at MFS Investment Management.
11. It means that Second Wave energy base is unsustainable.
12. The government should invest in these industries rather than propping up increasingly fickle, unsustainable industries at times of crisis.
13. He knows that the current constitutional status of Kosovo is unsustainable.
14. In the late 1960s almost all major exporters began to cut back production, apparently believing that surpluses would otherwise become unsustainable.