فعل ناگذر ( intransitive verb )
حالات: walks, walking, walked
• (1) تعریف: to move at a moderate pace by steps.
• مشابه: amble, ambulate, go, mosey, move, pace, perambulate, plod, saunter, slog, step, stride, stroll, trudge
- The baby is one year old and can walk now.
- It was a nice day, so I decided to walk to work.
• (2) تعریف: to travel on foot for exercise or enjoyment.
• مشابه: hike, roam, stroll, tramp, trek, wander
- Let's walk in the park this afternoon.
• (3) تعریف: to move in a way that resembles walking.
- He made his chair walk across the floor.
• (4) تعریف: to act or live a particular way.
• مشابه: be, go, live, move
- She walks in joy.
• (5) تعریف: to move in a visible form, as a ghost or specter.
• مشابه: appear, come out, haunt, materialize, move, wander
- The spirits walk just before dawn.
• (6) تعریف: (informal) to go on strike, or quit one's job.
• مترادف: quit, strike
• مشابه: leave
- If they don't raise our pay, we'll walk.
• (7) تعریف: (informal) to be acquitted in a court of law.
- Everyone knew he was guilty, but he walked.
فعل گذرا ( transitive verb )
عبارات: walk off with, walk away with, walk out
• (1) تعریف: to move over, through, on, or upon by walking.
• مترادف: stroll
• مشابه: pace, ramble, roam, step, tramp, traverse, trudge, wander
- She walks the fields in the evening.
• (2) تعریف: to cause or help to walk, or to accompany another in walking.
• مشابه: drive, move, slog
- We walk the dog at least twice a day.
- The taxi driver walked the elderly man to his door.
- Let me get my coat and I'll walk you home.
- The little girl walked her teddy bear across the bed.
• (3) تعریف: to lead or accompany on foot.
• مترادف: accompany, escort, lead
• مشابه: guide, usher
- He walked her home after the party.
• (4) تعریف: to move (a large or heavy object) one section at a time or in a way that resembles walking.
• مشابه: work
- The movers had to walk the huge wardrobe into the bedroom.
اسم ( noun )
مشتقات: walkable (adj.)
عبارات: walk of life
• (1) تعریف: an act or instance of walking, esp. for exercise or enjoyment; stroll.
• مترادف: hike, stroll
• مشابه: amble, constitutional, march, promenade, ramble, saunter, trek, turn
• (2) تعریف: a particular style or rate of walking.
• مترادف: gait, step, stride
• مشابه: amble, bearing, carriage, comportment, pace
- a walk that indicates energy and confidence
• (3) تعریف: distance measured in terms of time needed for walking.
• مشابه: march, march
- an hour's walk from here
• (4) تعریف: a path, sidewalk, or other area for walking.
• مترادف: path, sidewalk
• مشابه: alley, boardwalk, catwalk, concourse, crosswalk, esplanade, footpath, pathway, promenade, trail, walkway, way