• from side to side; beyond; transversely; on the other side; to the other side
• upon; beyond; transversely
• if you go or look across somewhere, you go or look from one side of it to the other.
• something that is situated or stretched across something else is situated or stretches from one side to the other.
• something that is situated across a street or river is on the other side of it.
• across is used to indicate the width of something.
across the board
• concerning everyone; having an affect on all categories; entirely
across the country
• all over the country, from one end of the country to the other
across the green line
• beyond the border between the west bank or gaza and the rest of israel
across the road
• on the other side of the road, across the street
across the sea
• on the other side of the sea
• happen upon -, bump into; find accidently, find by chance; ran into, meet accidentally; make a certain impression; way other people see a person; have sexual intercourse with a person
• make a shortcut, take a shorter route across
• come up against; run into, meet by coincidence
• go over, pass over, ford; be understood
• make something understood; communicate something in a manner that is clear
• successfully communicate a point; manage successfully
put it across
• manage successfully, carry out ...