1. He left the phone off the hook so that he wouldn't be disturbed.
2. I wasn't prepared to let her off the hook that easily.
3. His opponents have no intention of letting him off the hook until he agrees to leave office immediately.
4. The phone has been ringing off the hook with offers of help.
5. He left the phone off the hook as he didn't want to be disturbed.
6. He counted on his friends to get him off the hook.
7. She must have left the phone off the hook.
8. Morrissey took the phone off the hook and retreated to a London flat.
9. She took the phone off the hook, and threw herself into her hurt.
10. A change of clothing also lets you off the hook.
11. He'd thrown the receiver off the hook, but she was haranguing the empty line, demanding he reply.
12. It could even, in a pinch, get him off the hook for the nightly walk to the monument.
13. I must have left it off the hook this morning.
14. The phone was ringing off the hook here all weekend.